I know I am a little late with my annual birthday post, but I have been busy hosting Game Truck parties for a classload of kids and a family party and then just catching up with life.
This kid makes me proud in more ways than I can count or possibly list, so here are just a few things that he has done in the past week or so:
- He specifically requested a partially vanilla birthday cake (even though he doesn’t like it) because he knows some of his friends don’t like chocolate
- He told his friends he didn’t want any birthday presents and that he only wanted to spend time with his friends for his birthday
- He has been working really hard to learn how to read and just moved up a level. Yay, little man!
- He waited to open his birthday present until his sister woke up, because she likes to help open things
- He used the sewing machine that he got for his birthday to make things for whole family
- He got a gift card for his birthday that he wants to use to get his first grade teacher a gift, even though we told him we already got his teacher a present
I don’t know what planet this kid is from, but I am sure glad he landed here, especially because I think he will take excellent care of us when we are old and crippled. Love you, little man!