Next week, Chris and I took off work to do things around the house, maybe do a few fun things after the kids get off school. We agreed to write a list of all the things we hope to accomplish. I figured I would write my list here, so I feel some semblance of accountability (not that that helped in February, but whatever).
- Sand and paint the side and back doors. I did the front door last summer and started the back door. That’s as far as I got.
- Do some organization work in the kitchen like add this shelf on the window. And plant some herbs to put on the shelf, so I can stop buying herbs only to use 2 pieces and let the rest rot in the fridge. I also want to reorganize the cabinets and create a place in the back entrance for the kids to put their own stuff away (that is not the floor or kitchen table).
- Frame some vintage ads I saved years ago and put them up in the kitchen
- Possibly buy some wall vases for the kitchen to store/display all of the flower weeds my kids keep picking for me.
- Paint the washroom door with chalkboard paint.
- Organize my desk area, by adding some wall storage, despite my husband’s stance that I cannot mount everything.
- Clean out the cluster-fuck (there is no better word) otherwise known as my bedroom closet.
- Supervise Chris’ yard work and planting.
- Do general cleaning/toy organizing.
- Go to the dentist, get Danny’s casts changed, maybe get my hair done.
- Take the boy to a birthday party.
- Have some fun.
But first a week of work.